Golden Turkey Quality Assurance Guarantee
The Traditional Farm-fresh Turkey Association (TFTA) is a group of around 40 independent family-run farms across the UK supplying fresh traditional turkeys specifically for Christmas. The TFTA’s ‘Golden Turkey’ Quality Assurance Guarantee sets the standard for the very finest quality Christmas turkeys.
The Association was formed in 1984 by like-minded farmers who are passionate about producing the ultimate in Christmas Turkeys in terms of eating quality, welfare standards and environmental responsibility. They choose slower-growing breeds and rear them to full maturity. The turkeys are dry plucked, finished by hand, and then hung like a game bird for at least seven days. Our special way of processing is in keeping with proven traditional practices, to ensure the finest texture and flavour for the most special meal of the year.
TOTALLY TRADITIONAL TURKEYS QUALITY
When you order a Totally Traditional Turkey you can be sure of the tastiest possible Christmas meal. Our 12-point Quality Assurance Code guarantees that our turkeys are:
- Reared and produced with the greatest care by independent farmers, dedicated to producing the finest turkeys.
- Grown slowly to full maturity.
- Fed rations containing at least 70% grain with no animal protein and never given additives for growth promotion.
- Housed in buildings giving both light and ventilation while providing essential weather protection with space at or better than Animal Welfare Code recommendations. Free range stock have open daily access to grazing for at least 11 weeks.
- Always handled with extreme care by experienced staff under the personal supervision of the farmer.
- Regularly bedded with comfortable straw or soft wood shavings.
- Grown on farms independently inspected to ensure that the code is met in full.
- Slaughtered on the farm to avoid stress of long distance transportation.
- Always dry plucked and hung for at least seven days to mature and develop the natural flavours unique to this traditional type of production.
- Processed in facilities inspected by the Environment Health officer or Meat Hygiene Service.
- Individually inspected to qualify for the Totally Traditional Turkey guarantee.
- Supplied with a money-backed guarantee in the unlikely event of consumer dissatisfaction.